A Nineteen-Year-Old Nigerian Boy Performs Magic Tricks On Davido




Magic they say is an entertainment art form that comprises an illusion stage magic and close-up magic. It is one of the oldest performing arts in the world by only a few. 

The term "Magic" etymologically derives from the Greek word "Mageia" which means enchantment fascination, glamour, and wizardry. 

The association of the term "wizardry" with magic is largely responsible for the negative perception that art forms received. This has led to the spread over the years of the widely held false notion that magicians were with the devil or the occult.

This misgiving gained traction because magicians were so convincing in their performances. It led to the general belief that magic was connected with witchcraft and this resulted to which hints and killings.

This false notion has been quickly dispelled over the centuries when audiences were met with the magician's amiable and charming persona like Babs Cardini whose real name is Babatunde Kisumu.

The charisma exuded by magicians during their performance is indicative of a gift from providence.

Since the golden age of magic which was born in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, magicians such as Eugène Robert Burger, Nicola, and Dante Howard, Theodore Annemann, and Harry Houdini have made the theatrical art form become popular, with global acceptance and commercial success.

More recently in the television age, magicians such as David Copperfield, Doug Henning, Penn Antella and David Blain, and Dynamo are leading the chart in modernizing the entertainment art form. This has created a pathway for the entertainment art form to remain at the fore at the turn of the century.

To become a magician, one has to be curious about the entertainment art form which in turn would drive study, practice, and mastery.


I'm Babs Cardini. I'm a magician, an illusionist. I'm 19years, and I'm from Lagos. I started magic when I was 16years old. But I had a passion for magic ever since I was five, because I know Nigeria would have magicians and that's the only thing I want to do. Like I kind of love magic because it's... When I see magic on TV, they make me feel, is this possible? Is this some kind of camera trick? But I should also be involved in this like, you know magic is cool,
 Babs opened up.

The marvel is created by a simple trick such as pulling a rabbit from an empty hat, swallowing a sword, juggling breathing fire, or card tricks that are reflective in the audience's eyes.

While the magician may have a twinkle in his eyes during a trick performance, it shares brighter when reflected on the audience's awe. This is the experienced magician Babs Cardini creates for his audience every time he takes the stage – a fine blend of skill mastery and an alluring personality. Magician Babs is truly a first-class magician.


Life Time Discovery

Magician Babs Cardini's fascination for magic started at an early age which led him to learn and master the entertainment art form through study and practice. Hence, his avid desire and interest for magic have seen him rise to the top in Nigeria.

Ok, umm... I discovered magic when I was young because I watched auditions on TV and they do these card tricks where you see the ace of a diamond and then it changes to the king of love.

We thought, you know, as no camera caught you, though no editing or so. So I felt how is this possible because I tried it later on and I was like is magic even real?

So, kind of, let's say I prayed. I felt like, I have to become a magician no matter how long it's gonna take me.



How I Became A Magician

As of the year 2016, I met a guy. He was also into card tricks and some stuff. So kind of figuring out what he was doing, let me say because it was right in my phone that I could figure out how he was doing it and I walked up to him and told him, can I join you and he said if I feel I can. Because he knew magic is difficult, so he said if I feel I can do it, I can also join. He said all I needed to do was to get a card, go to class and do the same thing, and yeah, I was able to do magic,

 He said.

He also added that in magic, there are subcategories – illusionist, hypnotist, and mentality. Yet, they are called magicians because that is the overall name.

So, illusionist, this would do with magic like the CGI effects. They make magic look unreal. And for mentality, this will make you go crazy. I mean, they drive you crazy. They are wowing. They could look into your eyes and tell you what you thinking. I know it sounds impossible but they do that a lot, and Babs Cardini is good at all these tricks.


Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.